Friday 16 June 2017

Oh What A Lovely Time We Had The Day We Went To.......

Good Evening :))

I think this is the first time I have posted of an evening....

I have had just the most wonderful time on our 'Road Trip'...it has been the best time ever!!!

I saw this painting in the Tracy Savage Art Gallery in Scarborough...it was in the window of the shop and I fell in love with it...unfortunately the original was out of my price range...but they sold cards of the paintings so I could bring it home after all and somehow it summed up the lovely time we had travelling.... :)


I also bought another called the 'The Boat House'....I cant wait to get these framed up and on the wall :)


So I'm not going to bore you all on here with full details of the trip...I'm going to do that on separate pages so you can read about it if you want to...but it will be a great journal for me to remember a great time...but I am going to share with you photos of our destinations just to give you a taster haha...

Day 1 A day at the seaside in Morecambe...

A beautiful beach, beautiful place and a beautiful sunny day!

Day 2 The Lake District

Lake Windermere...the most gorgeous scenery...but the weather was awful...couldn't have got wetter if we had fell in!

Day 3 Into Scotland we go....


Gretna Green...What a little gem of a place :)

Day 4 Further into Scotland...and the golf courses beckoned...

Gleneagles....


Carnoustie....What a beach...just wonderful

Finally landing in Dundee for the evening...

Day 5 Our favourite place was...


St Andrews...loved this place...golf course was wonderful...beach just heaven!

Berwick-On-Tweed was our overnight stop...

Day 6 Seasidey Places....

Whitby...yummy fish and chips!

Robin Hoods Bay...

And finally Scarborough....beautiful and sunny

As you can see we packed a lot in but I would encourage you to do this sort of holiday at least once it was fantastic!

Puppy Dog has a whale of time too...

In the car navigating.......haha


On those glorious beaches playing :))

So we've landed back home...and I'm filled with happiness...not been up to much...just the usual washing and ironing after a holiday :) but I had to share this with you...one of my gorgeous friends let me have her parents old milk bottle holder...which was sitting in the porch looking quite lonely and cobwebbed...but I just loved it...now after a little clean...its sitting on my kitchen counter and now I love it even more!


I've been enjoying the sunshine today out in the garden tidying up...my lily is in full bloom...I meant to take a photo but its dark now so will save that for next time...but here is one of the flowers with Buddha...


I will sign off for now but will be back very soon...and I hope to have started the 'Road Trip Travel Log Pages' the weekend...but the sun is going to be out soooo I may get drawn into the garden...haha

I just wanted to leave you with a few little bits...

My friends mean the world to me...and they really are the family I've chosen...they are the best!

And I read this yesterday and thought it was beautiful...so I wanted to share it with you...

Have a perfect week...enjoy everything you do...take time to see the joy in life...xxxxxxx



















2 comments:

  1. It's so good to see you again. I love the picture, it has such a cosy feel to it, I wouldn't mind taking our house with us when we go out! Sounds like you had a lovely getaway xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl it's good to be back 😀 The picture really sums me up have to take everything with me haha...x

      Delete