Monday 21 November 2016

Pro's and Con's

Good Morning.....

If you are reading this in the UK...I hope you are not being battered to badly by the stormy weather...its chucking it down here!!


its such a shock to the system after the lovely crispy, frosty mornings...and it got me thinking about the pro's and con's of the winter...as you know I adore the Autumn and Winter...but there are some not so nice bits!...the field which we play ball with Puppy Dog on twice every day...is at the moment like a muddy rugby pitch...she comes home covered in mud from head to toe...but is a very happy puppy as playing ball is everything!!! So she has to be showered each time...she's very good just jumps into the bath...but oh its back breaking, not to mention the muddy wet towels and the mud splashes up the walls when we've been unable to stop a shake....and that got me thinking how much I dislike this part of winter...but when I started thinking what else I didn't like...the list wasn't very long...it really was just dog showering, muddy wet towels and having to have the heating on and using too much power hahaha....the things I love...such as the cold (I quite like being cold and getting snuggly warm again) the frosty mornings, the clear crisp skies, candles lit in the house, a roaring fire, snuggly blankets and my favourite...Christmas on the horizon! I even quite like the trees this time of year...I know they are bare...but the branches are beautiful I think...and they stand so majestic against the wind...and you can see what's been hidden, they tell a little story of who as nested there this year :)

I have been having a little search through my photos and I don't think I shared with you one of favourite purchases during our holidays this year....


not the chicken egg cup you've seen those before...but the egg! I like to use the egg cups as display and used to put fresh eggs in them...but I always forgot to use them up...but whilst on holiday I spied these in the National Trust Shop...I think they were a toy, they are rubber and I think they bounce...but they are so realistic and look just the part on the kitchen counter :)

So what crafty things have I been up to since my last post...

I've finished off a lovely pullover/poncho for the lovely little Freya...I so enjoyed doing this as its the first ever garment I have made...crocheted with chunky wool so its so lovely and warm :)
I've got two blankets on the go at the moment...the one is very boring to do...lots of small squares but I'm getting there 😁

I found this in the charity shop...I wasn't sure what it was at first and they didn't know either...but it was cast iron and only £1.50...so home it came with me 😀 after a bit of an internet search it turns out that its a spice rack...easy to see once you know...it had a little facelift and I've used it as a little seasonal display piece...


My favourite thing I have been doing is this....

I have been so inspired by the pictures on Pinterest of little red trucks in the snow with a tree on the back that I thought I would make some decorations of my own...some trucks from the charity shop...a tin of enamel paint and mini bottle brush Christmas trees and this was the result...I even made some little mini wreaths from clay...


I've now got the bug though....this is the latest convoy in waiting....😆


I'm hopefully going to do something like this with some of them....

I found this image on Pinterest...isn't it just so cute!!

I have another half finished project also...

a pile of wood I hear you say...yep it is at the moment and it has had one coat of paint so far...this is what has inspired me....

I just loved this idea...and it will be perfect to use at Christmas...I have limited counter space for a buffet so this will be perfect! Just hope mine turns out a lovely as this one...

There's a couple more photos from Pinterest which have caught my eye this week...

love this idea...

and a little stocking tree for those who don't have a fireplace or mantle...

So my next post...will be very Christmassy....well I reckon come December Christmas is fair game hahaha...

I received a very lovely parcel in the post this week...my eagerly awaited book which I pre-ordered back in the Summer...

as you may already know I'm a HUGE fan of Chip and JoJo....so looking forward to getting stuck into this book and I'm eagerly awaiting the new season of Fixer Upper too 😁

So I will leave you with my choice of vintage photo for this post...very apt for todays weather...

the Gaberdine Mack! I had a navy blue one for school...did you have one of these??

And the quote for this post....

a good little life plan I think....💖


 Until next time...have a great time...enjoy everything you do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx











2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with the spice rack, how clever and those little trucks with their trees... I would love a couple for my mantle, I'll have to find some in the shops. Some great ideas, love your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl...you will get obsessed with the little trucks I can't stop buying them in the charity shops haha xx

      Delete