Monday 21 March 2016

Spring Has Sprung.....

Hello...Monday seems to be the new Sunday as far as diary posts are concerned :) As yesterday was so lovely I spent it at my parents home with Puppy Dog...so didn't get to post last night and its going to be the same again next week...as I'm off out again for Easter Sunday with the family :)

Well this week has been a lot better...thankfully my flare up which caused me so much pain last week has subsided :) but I have taken it easy...just been "pottering" around...do you know I think I could become a professional "potterer" I enjoy it so much...just going gently from one thing to another :)

First day of Spring yesterday...so Spring has sprung....at home....


The weather again has been very kind....and I did get to get into the garden...nothing strenuous though...just a tidy up...a little spring clean of the summer house...getting it ready for the warmer sun...its a lovely place to sit and contemplate...meditate...or crochet... :)

My wreath on the door has changed from Winter to Spring....


it has been released from it vacuum pack hibernation and is in full bloom again on the front door...this is the updated one I made last year...using Lucy's (Attic24) hellebore flower pattern...

This week will find me busy getting out the Easter Decorations and baking an Easter Cake...I always have something like this mind....


I'm going to see how close I can get to this image :) While I was having my boiled egg this morning I came across this...


Needless to say...my egg shell has been saved and washed out...guess I'm having egg for breakfast every day this week! :)

~O~

I went out for lunch with my oldest friend...not oldest in the age sense...but we have been friends since school...so we have known one another a very long time....we did a tour of the local garden centres...grabbing a spot on lunch on the way....it was great having a good mooch around and making our plans for summer gardening....I came away with lots of ideas and two plants...


the most beautiful blue hyacinth and a pretty primula...which had been reduced in price...


its too pretty to put outside so its sitting lovely on the kitchen counter :)

~O~

The baking this week....was a bit of an experiment...I had buttermilk in the fridge which needed using and some strawberries going soft...so I decided that it was going to be strawberry muffins...then I spied my small baking tin and thought...I could make a muffin cake????


the plan worked and it was delicious...first day as a slice of cake...and yesterday...warmed up with custard for Sunday Lunch Pudding...Yummy :)

~O~

I have managed to catch up on the daily crochet squares...so we are all up to date again... :)


there's enough to attach another row to the main body...so that will hopefully be done this week :)

Last week I showed you some Maybelle Flowers that I had started making...but I wasn't "feeling" the plan for them I had in my mind...so they have been put aside and I have started just a plain and simple large granny square blanket...


but again I have to say I'm really not sure on the colours...I don't know what's the matter with me...I will persevere and see how it goes...if I still continue to be unsure I can always undo it :)

With Spring in the air...and the fact my daughter has been decorating...my mind too has tuned to doing some decorating...the bedroom is first...I've narrowed the colour down to three...mocha...pale grey...or pale sage...I have been looking at wallpaper on the net...but you really need to get your hands on it...so a trip to the DIY store is planned for later this week...to gather armfuls of samples :) oh what a happy day that will be :))))) (#BIGSMILE)

I did spy this on one site...but I seem to be the only who loves it??? Maybe its my obsession with "Fixer Upper" and "Shiplap"...


I sort of knew that it would be a no from Hubby...but I'm having this wallpaper somewhere...watch this space... ha ha :)

Well I think that has brought me to the end of this week...and this has just plopped through the door...


I love my monthly dose of Country Living :)....so I'm off to make a cuppa and have a quick scan of the pages....


So to this weeks vintage photo...


I remember Mom having one of these...we thought it was brilliant...but by todays standards...still hard work! Heaving wet washing out the tub with those wooden tongs...into the spin dryer...then into the sink to be rinsed and then back in the spinner! And this was a labour saving device... ha ha...all good fun :)

This weeks quote...isn't really a quote...in honour of St Patricks Day this week...an Irish Blessing...



Have a lovely week...enjoy everything you do...till next time xxxxxxxxxxxxxx






 


 


2 comments:

  1. HI,Glad you are feeling a lot better,long may it last.Thought you would be pleased seeing the Acorn Lamp hee hee,glad to help.Love your plants,I am a hyacinth and primula fan,love the scent of the hyacinth,primula is such a pretty girl.Love the crochet,but if you are not sure of colours,you can always keep those for the centre and start different colours for the rest of the blanket.Easter is one of my fav times of year,sadly no family to share it with but I still spoil next doors gran kids with presents.Has been a fab day here warmish,sunny blue sky.Had great dog walking day,dogs were so happy the mud has dried up in the fields lol.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your doggies joy at no mud...it has been lovely not to have to shower Pups everyday :) xx

      Delete