Tuesday 29 December 2015

Yuletide Post.... :)

Good Morning....and what a good morning it is...Hubby has gone to work for a little...so Christmas 24 is on the gogglebox :0)...its SUNNY!!!! and its COLDER!!!! at last...as I've said before I do not like this mild weather in Winter!

Christmas has now been and gone and we have the New Year celebrations to look forward too...but we must just have one more post about the Yuletide...

My mom found this little beauty in the charity shop...and knowing my love of rocking horses she couldn't leave him behind...and I'm so glad...he sits perfectly on my tree and I love him...I hope he is happy to be loved again and settled in his new position (I know I wont hurt you...I think everything has a soul...that's why I cant get rid of things ha ha)...

Christmas Eve began the start of the celebrations...cooking...cleaning...last few visits to deliver pressies etc....this is what my mind looked like...thankfully my kitchen didn't look this bad :)


I managed to get well ahead in the food preparation...which was good news as I can get frantic :)
The mince pie was a labour of love this year...cutting out individual leaves to make the lid...but I was really happy with the way it turned out...and with its very boozy mincemeat filling...yummy...


in fact...the last slice has just been smothered in extra thick double cream...and devoured...for my breakfast! ...don't you just love having to use the leftovers....ha ha

and the Pavlova...more fruit (to make it a little healthy!) and chocolate reindeers :)



The Big Day arrived....and who would of thought it...Santa really does read my blog!!!! I had posted earlier in the month that I would really like this watch...from the House of Florrie and look what I found under the tree!


I just love it..so pretty and comfy to wear...and it came with a little gift in the box.....


The prettiest lolly...encased inside is a little viola flower and a buttercup...its just to good to eat.... :)

I had lots of lovely presents...candles...scarves...toiletries...gorgeous new mugs...a new mini suitcase for the next holidays...and this cutest little fox to join the shelf....and some new crafty stuff which will be used in the New Year....I have a plan....


Our home is quite small so we don't have a dining table...we have a fold up table which comes out when we dine posh...hence why its against the wall in the photos...we have to pull it out and use the emergency chairs! :)



the best cutlery...new plates and glasses all added to the Christmassy look and the sparkly table runner...I fell in love with that in the shop and just HAD to have it!

Puppy Dog was dressed in her Christmas collar....


and had fun opening her own pressies...of which there were lots...she is so spoilt...not just by us but all the family and friends too :)

These were Hubby's present from me...I had them commissioned by Annabel Burton...they are just the most beautiful watercolour paintings of Puppy Dog and our other very sadly missed babies...the paintings are beautiful and these photos don't do them justice...(as I'm rubbish at photos...ha ha)



My daughter and her family were heading out for their Christmas Lunch...and our two grandsons just looked so cute...I asked permission from my daughter to let me include these photos...I'm sure they will make you smile as much as they did me...

our proper little Northern Boys...ey by gum missus! :))))


I have to say that it has been a busy old time...but lovely...but I have missed my hooky time...I picked up the hook for the first time in ages yesterday...and I much prefer this tin of rosy colours :)

sweetie wrapper colours for one of the new patchwork blankets in the making :)

Well that's the round up of this years Yuletide...I hope you have all had a wonderful time...we now have New Years resolutions to make...and keep...and break.... :)

I will leave you with a vintage photo...which is very apt for me...and hubby...he reckons the scales are broke!


All that's left to do is to wish you all a Happy, Healthy, Loving New Year...enjoy the celebrations with ones you love...see you in 2016! This is going to one of the things I'm taking into the New Year with me....xxxxxxx

HAPPY NEW YEAR
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx













2 comments:

  1. Just stumbled upon your lovely blog!
    Happy new year!
    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mandy...Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete