Monday 9 November 2015

It was all about Sunday :)

Morning :)

I know I'm a day late with my diary entry...but Sunday became...all about Sunday....its was a relaxing, easy going day...but I didn't seem to get a spare hour to write...

Hubby has been at home all week again.... I suppose its been a bit like when the kids are on half term...(our children are not at home anymore so we don't have that to think about)....but when Hubby is here my focus becomes different....housework goes out the window (Yay!!) and its more about doing things together....

We have been for some lovely walks....a bit of retail therapy :) and lots of down time...we've had lots of yummy lattes...


and slices of coffee and walnut cake....


a very chilled week.....


On that note not a lot of progress has been made on the two WIP I have on the go...just a little bit of crochet here and there....I've finished the main square of the duck egg blue blanket...and Saturday toyed with the idea of edging it in little flower squares...but I think I've changed my mind again!!!

 
 
I've only done a few more rows on my closed V stitch blanket....

My pumpkin vase finally gave way middle of the week....a split developed in the side and out came all the water making a bit of a mess but not too much...I have to say I was impressed that it lasted just over a week....the flowers were still ok so they have been transferred into my antique teapot....

 
 
Sunday arrived and it was antique fair day :))))) (very happy face) Myself and my parents headed off for the morning and it didn't disappoint....full of lovely things to look at....I could have spent a fortune...but I'm quite happy looking and buying the odd little thing here and there...mainly spoons...I love spoons!!! ha ha....as it was Remembrance Sunday the fair had the 2 minutes silence at 11:00am...and dead on the dot of 11 everyone stood still and was silent....the only noise was of all the clocks on the stalls chiming....it was just lovely...everyone in silent thought and the chimes rings....all very moving...When I got home late afternoon it had stopped raining so we took Puppy Dog for a lovely walk....then it was tea time....we had a takeaway....what a treat for a Sunday! Then TV time took over...Country File....Strictly Results (although I already knew who had left....I'm a Digital Spy addict)....X Factor....Downton Abbey....so you see Sunday just took over....a great day...joyful.....

I haven't done much Pinterest trawling this week....but I did come across these little beauties....


how adorable are these!!!! Could resist posting this pic :)

To end this weeks quite short diary entry (not much has happened)....the vintage photo....


I remember having this...or lemon and barley water...when I was little... if you were a "bit under the weather" or had a cold...I wonder if it was just full of sugar in those days...probably ha ha...I quite "liked" having a tummy ache when I was small as Nan used to give me a little nip of India Brandy, sugar and hot water..."that will cure it" she used to tell me...and it always did :)

This weeks quote is very apt for todays post....


I hope your Sunday was lovely too and that you have a week of content....enjoy everything you do....xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment