Sunday 9 August 2015

Patchwork Love

Morning...
 
Feeling bright and breezy today....the sun shone all day yesterday and it seems more of the same today...so far...yay! Its amazing how different you feel when the sun is out :o)
 
This week seems to have gone so fast...I'm in love with my patchwork blanket...so pretty and summery
 
 
This is the first half all joined across...I have been gently carrying on with the rest of the little squares...it has been so calming and therapeutic making these....as I promised myself I haven't rushed...I've just enjoyed the process....
 
 
only another 28 to do....I should finish those today...then the fun of putting them altogether and deciding on what border to do...and whilst I'm doing that...my mind will be drifting off to the next project...not sure what it will be yet....I'm thinking of....wait for it....NOT doing a blanket next!!!  With this one I have a nice little pile of 5 blankets so maybe I should sell those before I make another....but knowing me there will be another one on the go before long :o)
 
Hubby has been at work a lot this week so Puppy Dog and me have had to do with our own company...It was my Moms Birthday this week so...we all had lunch together on that day and yesterday we had a day trip home to enjoy the beautiful weather in my parents gorgeous garden....
 
 
 
Puppy Dog on patrol...keeping the pigeons at bay :o)
 
 
I promised to show you my Charity Shop finds...I love Charity Shops....I cant resist glass, pretty china things or pretty crockery...
 
 
Top left are six beautiful champagne coups...heavy lead crystal for £5!!!....top right a stunning little 1930-40's pressed glass little vase 49p!!!...bottom left the most gorgeous vintage jug...as soon as I saw this I was in love...a bit pricey I thought but I had to have it at £4....and lastly a lovely lead crystal preserve jar...it doesn't have a lid...but when we have scones and jam it doesn't last long enough to need a lid for £1...so all in all I was a very happy bunny :o)
 
These are photos of them in use...immediately :o)
 
 
 
 
I couldn't resist these amazing pink gerberas from the shops yesterday!
 
 
When we go on a our daily walks I am always picking up little treasures....wild flowers to press...seed pods (just because) and feathers...I love feathers...now here in England we don't have exotic birds so mainly the feathers to be found are white, grey or black...I now have quite a jam jar full...I had seen some pictures recently where someone had beautifully decorated feathers using pens...so I am going to give that a try and use them for a dream catcher...but I thought I would see if you could stamp them...and you can...
 

I thought these would be great for place settings...or as gift tags...so I'm on the look out for more and more white feathers to use as gift tags for Christmas :o)

While scouring Pinterest (I'm an avid Pinterest user ~ Florrie May Pinterest ) I found this photo of the prettiest tea cosy's and I had to share them with you....


Over the next few weeks I hope to making some jewellery...(yet another weakness of mine!!) I have excitedly ordered components...and as most of it comes from China (its cheaper and you get loads more)...and it takes a long time to arrive (the downside to ordering from China) I'm eagerly awaiting the little parcels to pop through the letter box :o)...so something else for me to look forward to making...

Well I was wondering what I was going to write about this week as it didn't seem as though I had done much and thought I wouldn't have much so say...but as many will testify I can rattle on about nothing for ages!!! Ha Ha

The vintage photo this week....is something I remember very, very well from my childhood....


...the Coal Man...I remember the weekly or fortnightly delivery...in the first house we lived in when I was very little we had a coal fire and a coal house off the kitchen...and now that we don't use coal anymore...how useful are those coal houses now for storage!!

Well I will leave you as Puppy Dog is giving me a not so gentle reminder (putting her nose under my arm and lifting it away from the keyboard) that it is time to go and play ball over the field...


Have a great day....and a great week...enjoy everything you do...xxx





 
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment