Monday 24 August 2015

Patchwork Blanket Tah-Dah Moment

Good Morning....how's your week been....

This week I have finally finished the Patchwork Blanket...here it is in its fully glory :)


Tah-Dah!
 
I have to say that it has been a joy to do and I will definitely been making another one...its perfect for using up odd bits of yarn that are left...I will be writing a separate page for the making of the blanket, going into more detail...probably this week as I don't want to bore all you non crocheters with the details.  I am overjoyed with the way the colours have worked and my border...well I had made my mind up this was what I wanted to do...I found the pattern a while back and this was just the perfect edging...a bit fiddly to do but well worth it!
 
 


It has given a lovely little ruffle of pompoms..... :)

I have started my new project...a cushion cover for my little brown chair...its a corner to corner crochet and it will be finished this week...the pattern works up so quick!




  Then I shall be starting my Autumn Wreath...oooh the ideas are flying around in my head...I cant wait to get started..

This weeks weather has been a very mixed bag....a few absolutely beautiful days and more than a few of god damn awful days!!

Lets start with the good days.....we have been spending some time in our little sanctuary in the garden...me and Puppy Dog just love this place...



 
On our walks this week you can tell that the season is starting to change already...one of the trees is already looking very autumnal in colour, everything is ripening....
 

Rose Hips ready to burst...


Branches on the Rowan Tree so heavy with berries...


Blackberries almost ready to pick...mine will be making Blackberry Gin this year...I made Jam last time...


Elderberries forming...


Crab Apples getting larger ready for some Crab Apple Jelly....


Apples almost ready for picking....just look at that blue sky....


 

These Bull Rushes are so tall....I took this photo standing next to them and they were taller than me at 5' 4"....

But there is still plenty to remind you that it is still summer....


Bees still busy....


Wild roses still blooming amongst the rose hips...


Dandelion clocks to make wishes with....


A little Oak Tree seedling....

From these little beauties...I can wait to pick these....(I have a plan for them...ha ha)

 

And my favourite Tree on our walks....our Weeping Willow....so magnificent....


And a very playful Puppy Dog....



And then the weather turned...it went extremely hot and humid....and in England when this happens...we get very, very grey skies forming....heavy rain...very windy...this was taken through the bedroom window Saturday afternoon...


The rain was lashing down...but later we did have the most amazing thunder and lightening...great to watch and listen too....not so good for those at the V Festival up the road though!

Well lets back to nicer things...and leave the grey skies behind...

I took a photo of the latest batch of blankets all piled up and loved it so much I have made it my icon on all of my pages...luckily taken before the blue granny blanket went off to its new owner at the end of the week...


I love to dream looking at all the amazing interiors on Pinterest...but I'm not in need of mansion (I'd take it if someone wants to give me a mansion ha ha)...just something with a bit more space...more open plan...I found this photo and this is what I would like...


So this has been added to my dreaming file of Interiors on Pinterest...one day....I just keep dreaming...

Well I've kept you long enough now...another week has flown by...this Vintage picture made me chuckle...as it is so true for me....its not going to a bikini holiday yet again this year ha ha...


And this weeks quote...


Have a lovely week...enjoy what ever you are doing...and be kind to yourself xxxx














No comments:

Post a Comment