Monday 17 August 2015

A Bits 'n' Bobs Week

Morning...

A day late with my diary update...we had a day out at the shops yesterday....the 2 of us shopping in town doesn't happen very often so it was a lovely change....then lunch at parents...all in all a lovely day :) so I thought I would make it a very lazy day and do my writing today instead...

On our shopping trip yesterday....I came across this biscuit barrel...and I just had to have it...a beautifully designed piece by Ashley Thomas....The Bakery...


 ...and the reverse side has the cutest little dog at the door....


It sits along all my other treasures perfectly and as it was biscuit week on the Great British Bake Off (one of my favs of course) we had Raspberry & White Chocolate Cookies...yummy!

My little moo cow milk jug perfectly holds two of the miniature roses from the rose bush my dear friend Yvonne got for me and its just flowering again for the second time this year...the pink of the rose perfectly picked up the pink in the biscuit barrel...a match made in heaven :)





The rest of the week has been like the title...a bits n bobs week...I have been dipping into different pieces of craft all week and I have to say the week went quickly...

Some of my little crafty parcels arrived from China so I was able to have a go at some jewellery making...I have done a wire craft class on one evening before and made a bangle which I was very pleased with...but actually making something from scratch, with thread and findings was a very new experience....so after a few views of videos on YouTube off I went....I love Turquoise and have wanted a bohemian style chunky necklace for some time...I have seen them on TV but have never been able to buy just what I wanted in my head....so the answer was to have a go myself...I bought the 'findings', stones and centre pendant all separately...with clumsy hands...and the need for my glasses (goodness some of the findings were so small!) this was the result....

 
 
...and I love it...it was just how I imagined it in my head...the combination of silver and turquoise...beautiful :)
 
I'm always putting my glasses down...I only need them to read or for very close work...so I also made a little holder for them so I know where they are....
 

They can hang contented around my neck and this way I don't feel so old as they seem a bit more trendy....ha ha...

I'm still collecting my white feathers for Xmas when out on my travels...the grey ones I gave a bit of spruce up....they haven't photographed that well...they look much brighter in the flesh...but I'm thinking maybe metallic paint would be better than paint pens...I will use these on a dream catcher when I get around to it :) ...

 

As for the garden this week...apart from my beautiful pink roses....there was a stunning creamy rose which was just as perfect....and the sweet peas....well they have been working over time...I've had around 4 really good bunches this week...so the house is still full of that heavenly fragrance...much to the annoyance of my Dad...he gave me the six plants he had left over...mine have flowered and flowered and Dads...well lets just say they are compost now :((


And now we get to my real passion...crochet...I'm still gently working on Patchwork Blanket...its nearly finished...I'm just doing the last of the joining seams and then just the border to go...and low and behold...I know what the border is going to be...yay...that will be a first!


 I'm loving the way the colours are 'popping' out now they are framed with the white...



From Pinterest this week...these bags are my favourite...made from embroidery on vintage tablecloths and napkins...such a clever idea...I see these vintage tablecloths all the time at the Antiques Fairs and they are always very reasonable...so next one I go to I will be picking some up...I think I could manage to make one of these bags....a great bit of recycling of vintage pieces that aren't perfect anymore :)

 
Photos taken from Pinterest
 
 I'm going to make a little plea now...I hate doing this but...I need more followers on the Facebook page of my blog...so I would be really grateful for a like and a share to get the numbers up...I promise I will not fill up your timeline with rubbish...I just post the link to my blog on there...the link can be found in the text under the next photo...thank you in anticipation :)
 



So to the vintage photo for this week....this is so true of me...and made me laugh out loud...


I am guilty of not always telling the whole truth about what I have stashed away...let alone the costs... :)

And my quote for this week is....


Have a great week...enjoy everything you do...most of all have fun....xxxxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment