Thursday 16 July 2015

Stitch Pattern for Hydrangea Blanket

Morning All,

Quite a few people have been interested in the stitch used for this blanket ~ now I'm sure it has a proper stitch name...but I don't know what it is, as I made it up as I was going along, I knew I wanted stripes and I wanted more texture than the normal treble stitch or granny stitch...so this is what I came up with...now I'm not very good at explaining patterns but I will do my best :)

Here goes....

Firstly do a row of tr stitches on the right side for your work

Turn, and on the wrong side of your work, use the granny tr stitch - three tr stitches into one space, skip 2 stitches, 3 tr into the next stitch (shown by the darning needle) all the way along

This is what the right side of your work will look like

Again your going to tr stitch along the right side of your work but this time you are going to use the top 2 stitches on the 3 tr granny shell (shown by the needle)

Then the next tr stitch goes through the space between the shells, making a slightly longer stitch...continue doing these sequence of stitches all the way along

This what it looks like, again turn and repeat the 3 tr granny shell pattern on the wrong side


This is 2 block rows completed

And that's it really, the next photo is a closer look at the Hydrangea Blanket I'm making at the moment so you can see how the pattern looks using different colours :)



Hope this explains things :)

Bye for now xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment