Monday 20 July 2015

Granny Square Heaven :)

Good Morning :) Hope you have all had a great weekend

Our weekend was spent in the garden putting up new fencing...our neighbours are away on holiday so we could make lots of noise....

This week has been a bit quiet on the crafting front...its been a week of catching up with my bestie, I just love going to her home...not only is it absolutely gorgeous she always has lovely food on the go...yummy...she is such an important part of my life...more family than friends...she is my Reiki Master so I always feel so much better after a visit...and she's always got just the right wise words...

I'm still working on my Hydrangea Blanket....but it is nearly finished...in fact I think it may be finished today! Hoorah...as my new order of wool should arrive tomorrow....yippee happy day!  I've ordered lots of stash from Wool Warehouse ...my go to website for lots of woolly loveliness :) they are soooo good, very reasonable prices, good selection and excellent service :) cant wait for my order to arrive...I have sort of decided what I'm going to do...but things my change....

My new book came this week...its fab I love it...so many squares, so little time ha ha


This is a selection of my favourites already....


There's a nice section on blanket designs too....

My inspiration comes from all sorts of places, but mainly from nature...but items, photos, pictures even carpets or wallpaper...for my new order of wool one has been a new notebook! Sometimes it's an idea to use a colour wheel...


It helps you decide on shades....


This shows you which colours compliment each other...but you might like to mix things up a bit...go colour crazy......:)

I use my swatch colours a lot too (there's a picture of that on the side of my blog and in an earlier post)

Sometimes I'll use this website and their colour combo tool.. Granny Square Colors ..you can get an idea of how the colours will look together...but sometimes you just have to go with the feeling you get...just enjoy immersing yourself in a colourful woolly wonderful time :)

Other things that have brightened my days this week....

The gorgeous Sweet Peas from the garden...they just keep giving and giving I have had so many little bunches of gorgeousness over the last few weeks this is yesterdays...


The charity shop finds of bits of glass bottles etc. have been put to good use...

I did do one little crafty make this week, I made some stitch markers...I had ordered some new stitch markers...just plain...then I remembered that I had some vintage charms...too delicate to use in robust projects but perfect for this...


They represent my favourite things...anything seaside and beachy...flowers and nature....old fashioned keys (I have a bit of an obsession with old keys) and crochet of course!

This picture popped up on my Facebook feed and I saved it straightaway...what I forgot to do was save the site is saw it on or who made them...but I was blown away by these...I think they are so beautiful...would love these hanging in window with sunlight catching them...(day dreaming now again now...ahhh)


This weeks vintage (well ish...) photo...
 
Ladies...you know this is so true........  :)))
 
 
I will leave you for now with this weeks little quote....
 
 
Have a lovely week...enjoy whatever you do xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment