Thursday 14 May 2015

May

Well I cant quite believe its two weeks into May already!!  I have been struck down by yet another virus the last few weeks but thankfully recovering now, I wish my immune system would kick in getting a bit fed up with catching everything that's going...never mind, have reflexology booked for next week so that should help boost things along :)

I hope you all enjoyed your extended long weekend and the beginning of the month and enjoyed some time out in the glorious weather to celebrate May Day :)

I have had several projects on the go at once, cant seem to settle on one...and my mind is teeming with more ideas just waiting to pop out...I have been making flowers for my Summer Wreath...these little beauties were my interpretation of the ones I found on the net which I showed you on the last post...I made the pattern up and they were really easy to make, I will post pictures of the pattern later in the week....


I have embroidered the centres to make them more elegant and not so chunky...once I started I couldn't stop, I have a complete bouquet now :) I have also made some buds and I am planning some more little additions, just have to come up with the patterns then I will show you.

The granny square blanket has been completed and is ready to be listed for sale, very pleased with the way it has turned out considering the jumble of colours in my basket...it reminds me of heather, blue skies, grasses...just being outdoors in wide open spaces...

 
 


All the little ends of wool that have been snipped of the blanket and the flower making, have been collected up and when we took puppy dog out on one of her walks I placed the bits on the bushes and trees for the birds to pick up and make their nests cosy...it was better than throwing them away...and I like the idea that somewhere there are little nests with their own little woven blanket :) and on the way back from our walk I checked and all the bits had gone! I have heard that some people put their yarn ends into one of those wire bird feeders and that works well for the little creatures to come and take to their nest...think its a lovely idea :)


I have now decided that the Lily Pond CAL blanket is not for me...if I'm honest I bought the wool pack before I saw a picture of the blanket and when I did see a picture of the finished article I have to say I was a bit disappointed...I didn't love it...but I have had a go and its not for me, it doesn't make me relaxed when I'm doing it and that's the whole point of crochet for me...relaxing, enjoyable...so I'm using the wool pack to make a new stripe blanket and I'm loving the colours going to together much more enjoyable...



I saw this the other day and thought what a clever idea to brighten up boring chairs and to protect your floors as well...great easy little project and yet another to use up odd bits of wool :)

 
Well I'll leave you with another quote of the day...have a great week...enjoy whatever you are doing


lots of love xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment